Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Shelving Ideas Needed for Dale Earnhardt Collection in Man Cave

I am currently working with a divorced man who asked me to shop for shelving for his Dale Earnhardt collection which includes several different types of items not only cars. The only thing he has in the 10'x11' room is a black gun cabinet. The room has a closet with the standard white wire shelving most bedroom closets get installed. He would like to construct the shelving that I will recommend. In other words, he does not want me to suggest purchasing ready made bookshelves. Any ideas? Has anyone worked on something like this before? Thanks much.

Comments

• Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Administrator, Enrolled Posts: 960
    Maybe you could essentially transform the closet if that could hold everything. You could paint (or have the client or handyman paint) the closet walls a gray color and plan on doing solid shelving all down the walls, which could be painted the same color as the walls. Using a track system (that allows you to adjust the shelves as close or as far apart as you like) would maximize the space. The client could remove the closet doors altogether or keep them on.