Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

overwhelmed

Nancy FerdonNancy Ferdon Enrolled Posts: 1
Does anyone feel overwhelmed with this web thing. I went to weebly, signed in and instructions said choose theme. There were none that fit what I wanted. Also, there weren't that many to choose from. I think I will stick to local advertising. Between information for the pages I'm lost. Any ideas or should I wait until I can afford a web designer. This site is great with the Modules but computer literate I am not. I am glad you guys are here to discuss this. Thanks Nancy Ferdon

Comments

• AdamAdam Admin, Enrolled Posts: 930
    Hi Nancy, with each of the themes that Weebly shows, it's just a starting point. They are highly customizable and will look completely different once you are done. I will have some new videos available soon showing me using one of the newer themes and converting it over too. It can be overwhelming sometimes, but taking one step at a time is almost always the key to keeping that under control.
  • Andrea HarrisonAndrea Harrison Enrolled Posts: 3
    Yikes, overwhelmed, there seems to be so much more to the training and community boards than I ever imagined. I really felt I had a handle on starting a business but just after a few videos and glancing over the discussion boards it seems to be a much bigger task than I anticipated. Anyone else struggling on staying focused on each step without feeling like you're already behind?
  • Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Admin, Enrolled Posts: 1,066
    @Andrea Harrison , I'm sure things might feel a bit overwhelming, but just take it one step (and one video) at a time. Don't worry if you're not able to keep up with the weekly checklists each week. The great thing about the program is you're able to take your time with it. Some weeks may be easier and quicker to complete, while other may take a little longer.

Same goes for working with clients, if a space has a lot of clutter, it's probably easy to wonder how it's all going to play out. Regardless of the size of the issue, you have to start somewhere. Start at the doorway, remove all trash throughout the room, get everything that belongs in a different room out, then start seeing what's going to stay, be donated, etc. Stop focusing on the bigger picture, and focus on small, immediate goals that make up the bigger picture...it's easier to manage. :)

If you have questions along the way, feel free to post here or use the search bar to see if it's already been discussed and may answer what you're needing. You got this, take your time and be thorough.