Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Is it for Me? Doubting my organizing abilities

I'm looking for honest opinions. I have a few organizing skills and am a generally an organized person, but I have really limited organizing experience. I've never owned much stuff. So it hasn't required that much organizing and I'm not really a type A personality. Sometimes when organizing I have to think really hard about where to put things. I LOVE design and beautifully organized homes and really wanted to do this as a career but now when I actually think about charging other people to help when I barely have any experience myself I'm feeling like a fraud.

When I filled out the PO course section where you talk about your background and skills you can bring to the table to justify your prices I didn't really have much to write down.

I don't want to let people down. When I listen to Cynthia's experience and background or other organizers backgrounds some of which started organizing when they were little kids, it's hard not to compare myself.

Do you think some people were just not meant to be PO's? Do you think I should get more experience before I start working with people? I'm feeling lost and confused and need some direction to move forward in a way I feel comfortable and not dishonestly.

Thankyou!!!
Steph

Comments

• Stephanie WilliamsStephanie Williams Enrolled Posts: 4
    edited April 21
    Cynthia. Really encouraging and practical advise. Thank you so much!
  • Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Administrator, Enrolled Posts: 937
    You're welcome!