Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Business Name Feedback & Intro

Caitie HorneCaitie Horne Guest Member Posts: 2
Hey guys, my name is Caitie and I'm really excited to get started with my career in professional organizing! I live in Knoxville, TN and currently work in IT but have always wanted to pursue organizing as a profession.

I decided on In Sort Order as my business name (a play on "in short order"), but after telling my boyfriend he didn't understand. What do you guys think? I didn't want to include my first name in the title because it can be difficult to spell, or my last name because I may change it in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comments

• Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Administrator, Enrolled Posts: 967
    Hi Catie, great job getting some ideas going with your business name. In Sort Order (even understanding where you're coming from), I may stand where your boyfriend does. People may not get it without you having to spell it out. Maybe try playing with the wording a bit.

Sorting Order
    Sorting Knoxville
    Bringing Order to Knoxville
    Creating Order in Knoxville

Just a few ideas, hopefully they'll get some additional ideas flowing. :)
  • Caitie HorneCaitie Horne Guest Member Posts: 2
    Awesome, thanks Cynthia! I will continue to brainstorm and decide by the end of the week. Thank you!
    You're welcome, good luck!
  • Joyce FindlayJoyce Findlay Enrolled Posts: 2
    Hi Cynthia, I am really excited to get started with my business. I decided to call my business: Findlay Home Professional Organizer or California Home Professional Organizer. Please let me know what do you think.
    Hi Joyce! I think having "home professional" in the business name makes it too long, I'd take out professional and keep home if you're wanting to. Like, Findlay Home Organizer.

Where are you located in CA? You could include the area you'll be serving rather than the whole state.

Here's a couple others that came to mind:
    Organizing with Joyce
    Joyful Organizing

Good luck and keep us posted what you decide!
  • KarenDLBKarenDLB Enrolled Posts: 11
    that's a neat nickname and love your business name.
  • Donna MaloneDonna Malone Enrolled Posts: 91
    Caite, I agree with Cynthia...even understanding where your coming from, I don't think many will. Suggestions:
    "In Sorting Order" or just "Sorting Order"
    @Neat , just wanted to repost my comment here as well. I originally responded in your other post.

That's funny your nickname is Neat, and pretty fitting being an organizer! Another way you could position the business is using a name like Neat Organizing, Neat's Organizing, Nice and Neat Organizing. Because many people may not know that Neat is your nickname, you could mention it on your About Me page on your website (if you haven't already).