Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Tips with boys bedroom

Elaine NguyenElaine Nguyen Enrolled Posts: 4
Hi! I have my first consultation soon. She needs help finding an efficient system to keep her boys room organized. They have a small house. Two boys share the bedroom, a 7 and 4 year old. I have not yet seen the rooms. She shared on the call they have too many toys and she has been unsuccessful in the past to find ways to keep it organized. She has purged before however the toys continue to pile up and become a mess.

Regarding organization, where do I begin?? What kind of questions should I ask during the in person consultation re organization of the boys room? Thank you in advance for welcomed tips! Elaine

Comments

• Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Administrator, Enrolled Posts: 917
    You'll definitely get a better idea once you actually see the space. You want to ask the client what additional ways have they tried to organize the toys and keep things under control (in addition to what's currently set up). Include the children too. They're old enough to follow directions and working with them to see what is easiest, is best.
  • Elaine NguyenElaine Nguyen Enrolled Posts: 4
    Thank you Cynthia for the helpful tips. She sent the photos below; she is open to new organizing ideas and her budget is open as well. She is planning to get her boys a bunk bed. From the photos below, would you suggest we replace the dresser drawer as it takes up much of the room? I can bring along w me when I see her clippings of toy and closet organizers? Where do I begin? Or should we tackle one thing at a time..such as the closet first?
    20170630_131148.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
    20170630_131113.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
    20170630_131039.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
    20170630_131004.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 5M
    20170630_131042.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 5M
    20170630_131101.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
  • Olga DeGourOlga DeGour Enrolled Posts: 11
    some shelving with cubbies to hold toys would help. Maybe a low book shelf for their books would help.
  • Cynthia MurrayCynthia Murray Administrator, Enrolled Posts: 917
    @Elaine Nguyen I would start with purging, then once you have only the things they want to keep in the room, I'd focus on the closet and maximizing that space as best you can. I'd also suggest replacing that tall chest of drawers with a long dresser for the wall opposite of the bunk beds. That'll provide space for shorts, pants, under clothes, etc. And also free up space at the bottom of the closet to hold shoes if need be.