Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Google Voice: I can't change voicemail greeting

Hyla HooverHyla Hoover Guest Member Posts: 2
I just signed up for Google Voice. I have looked at their support articles, youtube vidoes etc. and still can't find how to change the voicemail greeting. My voicemail settings does not have the tab shown in the support pictures.

Comments

• NeatNeat Enrolled Posts: 7
    Hello Hyla,

I think your greeting will be the same as your regular greeting on your personal line. I had the same concern about setting the voice mail.
  • Hyla HooverHyla Hoover Guest Member Posts: 2
    You do you need to put a separate personal greeting for Google Voice. I finally found out how. You have to use Google Voice Legacy :
    Using a computer
    Step 1: Find your voicemail settings

On your computer, open Google Voice.
    At the top left, click Menu Menu and then Legacy Google Voice. Google Voice will look different, but you're in the right place.
    At the top right, click Settings Settings and then Settings.
    Click the "Voicemail & Text" tab.
    Step 2: Create a greeting

In the "Voicemail Greeting" section, click Record New Greeting.
    To use the greeting as your new default, check the box next to "Make this my default greeting for callers."
    Enter a name for the new greeting, and click Continue.
    Under "Phone to ring," select one of your forwarding phones.
    Click Connect.
    If you want to pick a greeting you already recorded, select it in the "Voicemail Greeting" section. At the bottom of the page, click Save.

Step 3: Record the greeting