Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Sub contracting

Vicki KaminskyVicki Kaminsky Enrolled Posts: 32
Has anyone done any sub contracting with any organizers? How did that work out? How did you get paid? I am an LLC right now and wanted to make sure this is ok to do?

Comments

• AdamAdam Administrator Posts: 847
    Yes, it's definitely ok to do. Unless it's a huge project or there is a tight deadline, it would usually not make sense to sub-contract to another professional organizer because you're basically giving them a client. Now, if it was sub-contracting out something you don't know how to do, maybe for installing a shelving system or what-not, then that would be a good reason to sub-contract.
  • Vicki KaminskyVicki Kaminsky Enrolled Posts: 32
    They actually asked me if I could be the subcontractor since they were too busy. Thanks!
    Oh I see, then, Yes, I would go for it as long as they are willing to pay your rate or close to it. It's like anything else, just make sure you have an agreement in place.
    Thank you!
    So I found out more information about subcontracting.
    I would be hired at a much lower fee, sign a non compete, am not allowed to take photos, and take direction from the organizer who hires me, and must have insurance. I feel it would be a good learning experience.
    It can definitely be a good learning experience. Just make sure everything is in the agreement and are things you agree with, obviously!