Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you read the community rules?
http://community.profitableorganizer.com/discussion/41/community-rules-guidelines
Please take a minute to browse through them. Our pet peeves are rules #2 and #7. Thanks!

Weebly - select domain name

Since I already have my domain name thru GoDaddy, do I still select a domain name on Weebly? Or do I select the option to connect or transfer? This wasn't really addressed in the video.

Comments

• AdamAdam Enrolled Posts: 936
    You can choose the connect option and that will guide you through syncing them up.
  • Joanne EschJoanne Esch Enrolled Posts: 11
    Thanks!
    Just out of curiosity, if I had gone thru Weebly, would there still be a cost? I see there's a cost with GoDaddy and now Weebly...
    If you connect the domain through Weebly, there is always a cost. I think that is the best way to do it, but there is another way if you wanted to keep the free version of Weebly. By keeping the free version, it does show that "powered by weebly" logo on your site though.
    Thanks Adam. I went ahead and signed up for it. All good.
  • Hi Adam, I think this is becoming a bit tricky for me at this point. so want to make sure that Im doing this correct. So I've upgraded my Weebly account to the $4.00 version and now have sent godaddy's customer service an email to connect my domain name to weebly. now I am just waiting for a response on what they need me to do next. I feel as though I have fallen a bit behind so trying to catch up.. thank you.
    Yes, it can be a little daunting... However, the guidance and support is usually there now-a-days. It used to be hard to get a hold of a real person at Godaddy or Namecheap.
  • Rosie BrownRosie Brown Enrolled Posts: 49
    Hi all. So, if I transfer my NameCheap domain to Weebly, will I be paying NameCheap and Weebly yearly fees? Please advise.
    If you actually transfer it to Weebly (so it's no longer managed in Namecheap), you will no longer pay Namecheap. However I believe Weebly is $20-$30/yr to manage your domain compared to $10/yr at Namecheap. You don't have the transfer the domain to use it, you can keep it at Namecheap and Sync it. Weebly can help with this too.

There's two different things to pay for:

Domain (the actual .COM, what I talked about above)
    Hosting (Weebly has free version and paid version, to remove their branding)
    Adam, thanks. So I have to contact Weebly to sync my Namecheap domain name? Don't mean to south dense, but while I'm computer literate, but this website stuff is challenging me a bit.
    Adam, your second lines on your responses are unreadable, looks like there is an overlap.
    If you use the non-paid syncing method (that I show in the training) it will still show that "powered by weebly" image at the bottom of your website.

If you want to do that, you can follow along with this video - http://profitableorganizer.com/m6-your-website/connecting-domain/

If you have any trouble, I recommend using Namecheap live chat.
  • I have a domain name on Weebly but I've never published my account because it seemed so overwhelming trying to develop this website. I saw that part of the Profitable Organizer training will help you to get the website up and running. I definitely will need help with this.